About Me

My photo
West Jordan, UT, United States
I'm Jen Nichols...I love hearing that name. Dave and I now live in West Jordan. Dave currently works at Pioneer Valley Hospital and Jordan Valley Medical Center. He is a Therapist for Pioneer Valley Hospital and does crisis work for them as well. Reagan is 3 yrs old and she is only getting cuter. Matthew just joined our little family on March 22, 2012. He is a sweet little guy. We are just enjoying the ride.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Matthew David Nichols

Matthew David arrived on March 22 at 7:14 pm. 6 days before his actual due date. He was 8lbs 2oz, 20 in long. It all began on Wednesday. I had a sharp pain on the right side of my back. It was pretty bad but after a while it went away, just in time for my doctor's appointment. The doctor's appointment went well and I was feeling good for the rest of the evening. Then thursday as I was doing some grocery shopping the pain came back in full force!
I finished the shopping and hurried home, got Reagan some lunch and tried to lay down hoping that the pain would go away just like it did before. But the pain was not going away, in fact it was getting a lot worse and nothing I did made it feel any better. I got a hold of Dave at work and said that he needed to come home because something was wrong. Dave came home and we rushed to the hospital.
After checking me out the verdict was I had a kidney stone. So they decided to take care of that and to induce me as well...which I was totally fine with. So they gave me pain meds for the kidney stone, the doctor broke my water and got me an epidural.
The epidural worked everywhere except in one spot. So I could still feel the contractions pretty good. So the anesthesiologist gave me a couple more doses of medicine and waited to see if it would work. After a while he decided that he needed to replace the epidural. He gave me a combo an epidural and a spinal and that seemed to do the trick. As soon as he got that taken care of I was complete and ready to go. The whole process took only 5 hours. Matthew came pretty fast. So far he has been such a calm little guy. Reagan is enjoying him but still doesn't know what to think about him sometimes. All in all we are all pretty happy to have Matthew join our family.





3 comments:

Rich and Brianne said...

He's super adorable and I love that our boys share the same birthday. Sorry about the kidney stones--that doesn't sound fun at all! Glad everything went well though!

Michelle Stocking said...

What a handsome guy. Congratulations. I'm glad everything turned out okay in the end. Did you take care of the kidney stones? Are you feeling okay?

Jeanine said...

Yay! Nice name =) Congratulations!