About Me

My photo
West Jordan, UT, United States
I'm Jen Nichols...I love hearing that name. Dave and I now live in West Jordan. Dave currently works at Pioneer Valley Hospital and Jordan Valley Medical Center. He is a Therapist for Pioneer Valley Hospital and does crisis work for them as well. Reagan is 3 yrs old and she is only getting cuter. Matthew just joined our little family on March 22, 2012. He is a sweet little guy. We are just enjoying the ride.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Car Wreck

So it has been a couple weeks since the car wreck. I've been struggling with writing about it on the blog or not. It's just something that I don't want to remember. But I also know that if I write about it I can look back on this and think of the blessings that came from this. And maybe have more of a clear understanding as to why we had to go through this right now. So here is what happened. I was coming home from the gym with Matthew in the back seat behind me. I stopped at a red light and then started to go when the light turned green. I wasn't going very fast when another car came from the side going really fast, running the red light. I had no time to do anything but slam on the breaks. I t-boned her and my car was totaled. Matthew and I were both ok and so were the lady and the 3 month old she had in the car with her. The police said I was very lucky. Had I been going 1 mph faster the crash would have had a very different outcome. Matthew and I probably wouldn't have made it. At the time I wasn't thinking thank heaven we are ok. I feel horrible for thinking this since this should have been my first thought. But I was thinking about the money. First of all we had just had this car fixed like a week before this happened. I just put new tires on it and right after that the transmission blew. So we spent a lot of money getting that car fixed and then this happened. I was at a loss seeing as how this was our only transportation at the time because right before Christmas the camery's engine exploded and that car was no more. So that was my main thought at the time. I just didn't understand why we had to go through this right now. I felt like things were tough enough. But as the time goes by I am overwhelmed with the blessings that my family and I are still together. I could have left Dave alone to care for Reagan. And be without Matthew and I. This is the third time that Dave has almost lost one of us. Like I said I'm sure as time goes on I will see more of the Lord's plan for us. We are supposed to learn something from this and I know it will make me stronger. Hopefully I will see this in the future.

No comments: