About Me

My photo
West Jordan, UT, United States
I'm Jen Nichols...I love hearing that name. Dave and I now live in West Jordan. Dave currently works at Pioneer Valley Hospital and Jordan Valley Medical Center. He is a Therapist for Pioneer Valley Hospital and does crisis work for them as well. Reagan is 3 yrs old and she is only getting cuter. Matthew just joined our little family on March 22, 2012. He is a sweet little guy. We are just enjoying the ride.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

3 Years!

3 years ago yesterday on January 26th 2008 I married my best friend. I never thought it was possible....at least for me, to love somebody so much. So imagine my suprise when I discovered I love him much more today than on our wedding day. Before I got married I had gotten use to the idea of being by myself, taking care of everything on my own. I was at the point when I thought it really is in the Lord's hands now. All I can do is just continue to do what I am doing and something good will come my way. Little did I know that the greatest thing to come my way would be David Nichols. I had known Dave almost two years before we started dating. And as most of you know I wasn't interested in him even when I agreed to date him. I know that sounds aweful but I don't know how else to put it. All I knew was that if I had told him no I wouldn't date him I would lose him as a friend forever and I didn't want that. I guess I'm telling my side of the story even if I do come off as the one not looking so good in the story.
I always tell Dave that it was a miracle that we got married in the first place. The way I handled men I thought I would be on my own for a very long time or let the right one slip through my fingers. I understand it now when people say that the Lord knows our hearts. That he knows us better than we know ourselves. Dave always smiles and says that it's not a miracle it was the Lord's plan. I really just think that the Lord slapped me right upside the head and said hey do not let this one go. Dave gets all the credit in this relationship. After all that I have put him through he deserves a medal or something. What with me not really wanting to date him in the first place and me even trying to break up with him at one point. I'm suprised he stuck around as long as he did....it's a good thing too :-)
So after three years of marriage I'm glad that I married this wonderful man. My family loves him and I am grateful that my wise family keept pushing me to not give up on the relationship, that there was something special there that I for some reason could not see. Not only did I get a wonderful husband but I also got brothers, sisters and parents in law whome I have come to care so much for. I really am blessed to be part of such a wonderful family. So I want to say thank you to my Heavenly Father for slapping me upside the head and also thank you to Dave for sticking it out for as long as you did when so many others would have given up a long time ago. I love you! Happy Anniversary my love.

2 comments:

Jeanine said...

Happy Anniversary to the 2 of you! The years do go by quickly =) Just keep reflecting on all your happy memories and moments!

Unknown said...

love that story Jen! Happy anniversary!