About Me

My photo
West Jordan, UT, United States
I'm Jen Nichols...I love hearing that name. Dave and I now live in West Jordan. Dave currently works at Pioneer Valley Hospital and Jordan Valley Medical Center. He is a Therapist for Pioneer Valley Hospital and does crisis work for them as well. Reagan is 3 yrs old and she is only getting cuter. Matthew just joined our little family on March 22, 2012. He is a sweet little guy. We are just enjoying the ride.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween Half Marathon 2012

Dave and I did the Halloween half marathon this year with my sister in law Jenny. It was a lot of fun to see all the different costumes that people wore. It was fun and it was freezing! I think I was good till about mile 10 when My knees started to hurt. We started the race in Sundance so we had to go down the canyon and that did a number on my knees. I'm pretty sure that if we didn't have to go down that hill I would Dave and I would have been ok. But Dave has bad knees to begin with and that huge hill at the beginning did not help him any. But after the hill we kept a steady pace till about mile 10. But we kept going and finally I got to the point where it felt like my knees were going to blow and I had to stop. Dave was the same way. We were pretty much out of commission the rest of the day. Dave somehow did better than me though. He took some ib profen after the race, as did I and he felt better but it did nothing for me. And the next day was even worse. I couldn't even get out of bed. But was it worth it? yes it was. will I do it again? probably. Dave says no but I think he had fun. and now he can say that he ran a half marathon. It is a pretty cool accomplishment. Dave and I did dress up as super man and super girl. Our costumes were not nearly as elaborate as some people's costumes though. Still it was a blast.

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

That's still impressive! Congrats on finishing the race =)